Custom Navbar

Thursday 12 January 2017

Best and Worst Dressed at the Golden Globes 2017

So awards season has come around again and I thought that for today's post I would show you my best and worst dressed from the Golden Globes 2017. So without further ado, here are my best dressed:

Best Dressed

Lily Collins
Lily Collins looked amazing in this girly Zuhair Murad gown. The light pink material paired with the bright red lip and her porcelain skin is absolutely stunning. She is my best dressed of the night. 
Lily Collins wearing Zuhair Murad at the Golden Globes 2017
Mandy Moore
I loved this look on Mandy Moore. This stunning Naeem Khan dress with a plunging neckline and flowing cape looked gorgeous on her.  She was a very close contender for best dressed.
 Naomie Harris
This golden figure hugging dress looks perfect on Naomie Harris. She looks amazing.
Emma Stone
I love this gown on Emma Stone. The stars on the dress were inspired by the Film La La Land which she won an award for on the night. Also, her hair and makeup is gorgeous as always. 
 Kristen Bell
Kristen Bell looked stunning in this glittery Jenny Packham dress with plunging neckline. I like how the plunge wasn't a typical V-neck and didn't make her look overly sexy or trashy. She still looked chic and classy even with a plunging neckline. 
Evan Rachel Wood
Evan Rachel Wood rocked a different sort of look from her previous ones at the Golden Globes. Instead of wearing a dress, which she admits she loves to do and has nothing against, she wore a fitted Altuzarra suit to show women that they don't have to wear a dress if they don't want to, and she definitely pulled it off. 
Millie Bobby Brown
Stranger Things star Millie Bobby Brown looked really pretty in this sparkly Jenny Packham dress. Her entire look, from dress to hair to makeup was chic and elegant. A great look for the Golden Globes. 
So those were all my best dressed of the night, now onto my worst dressed: 

Worst Dressed

Anna Chlumsky 
This frumpy dress did no favours for Anna Chlumsky. There was no real shape to the dress and I really don't like the colour on her. 
Kerry Washington
From the waist up, I don't mind this dress, and she killed it with hair and makeup but the bottom half of the dress lets it down. I also really hate the weird detailing on the waist. Even with just that gone, I think the dress would be much better. 
Janelle Monae
When I first saw Janelle Monae on the red carpet, I saw her from the waist up and thought, this girl is in the running for best dressed. Then I saw the entire look and was let down. I think if the bottom of the dress was full length then it would be fine but it doesn't work as a mullet dress. All things aside though, I have to say, her hair and makeup looks STUNNING!!  
So those are my picks for best and worst dressed at the Golden Globes 2017. Let me know in the comments below who were your best and worst dressed of the night. Also, if you liked this post, please give it a love on Bloglovin or a +1 on Google Plus. I hope you have a great day and I'll talk to you soon.






Follow

*The images from this blog post are not my own