Custom Navbar

Thursday 5 January 2017

My Top 3 Moments of 2016

Since it's the beginning of 2017, I thought that for today's post I would reflect on the year just gone. Looking back, I'd have to say that 2016 wasn't a great year for me but let's not dwell on the negative. Although there were some bad times, there also was some good ones. So here are my top 3 moments of 2016:

- Getting a job at Benefit Cosmetics -
Towards the end of the year, I wound up getting a job as a Beauty Advisor at Benefit Cosmetics. It was just a Christmas job but since I was a teenager, I'd always dreamed about working for Benefit because it is one of my favourite makeup brands. It was a really cool experience and I'm glad that I got a chance to work for such a great company. 

- Centenary trip to Dublin -
2016 marked the 100 year anniversary of the 1916 Rising in Ireland. I love Irish history so I really wanted to do something to mark the occasion. I ended up going to Dublin for a day with a friend and we went to all the major places where the rising took place. We went to the GPO which was the headquarters for the rebels of the rising. The GPO has a really amazing exhibition that includes real items and clothing that had belonged to some of the main figures of the rising. We also went to Kilmainham Jail where the leaders of the rising were executed. It was really cool but strange to be in all the places where these Irish historical events took place. 


-Day Trip to the Beach-
For my mom's birthday, loads of my family went out to celebrate which was really fun but the next day, my mom, my nana, me and my two sisters all took a trip to the beach. It was a lovely sunny day, which is rare for Ireland haha.We all sunbathed and just had a laugh on the beach, and it was a really nice trip.  

So those are my top 3 moments of 2016. Make sure to let me know your top moments of 2016 in the comments below. Also, If you liked this post, then please love it on Bloglovin or give it a +1 on Google Plus. I hope you are having a great day and I'll talk to you soon. 







Follow