Custom Navbar

Monday 30 January 2017

Makeup Revolution Pro Fix Fixing Spray Review

Makeup Revolution Pro Fix Fixing Spray Review
Makeup Revolution are a really great brand for their affordable palettes, but how do their individual products measure up? I've tried one of their baked highlighters before and liked it but, quality-wise, it doesn't take much for a highlighter to work well. A setting spray, on the other hand, will quickly show if it works or not. It either makes your makeup stay in place longer or it doesn't. So when I bought the Makeup revolution Pro Fix Amazing Makeup Fixing Spray for €6.45, I was intrigued to see how well it worked. 

Looking at the Pros of this setting spray first, it sprays like a light mist. It's not as if you are being sprayed full force in the face with water like it can feel with some other setting sprays. It also has a fairy nice scent and is not too overpowering. I like the packaging, just like with most of the other Makeup Revolution products. It has a classic, simple design. It is also travel-friendly and very easy to throw into your handbag when you are on the go without weighing you down too much. Sadly, I think those are all the pros I can come up with. 

Onto the cons. I didn't see any difference in the lasting power of my makeup after using this setting spray. My foundation lasted the same amount of time without getting oily as it usually does. At the end of the night, my makeup didn't look any better than it would if I hadn't used any primer or setting spray. Also, for some reason this spray made my eye makeup run. I don't know why but a few of the times I used it my eye makeup started to run down my face a while after using it, and other times my makeup started to run as soon as I applied it. I thought maybe I was doing something wrong like applying it too close to my face but there was no difference when I held it even further away. It suggests that you use it at arms-length away from your face and that's what I did but it still made my makeup run. 

I've basically stopped using this product because I haven't really found any benefit from using it. It actually made my makeup look worse instead of better. It kind of feels like a waste of money so I'll probably use it once in a while if I'm not going anywhere important just to use it up and see if I've changed my mind about it. I won't hold my breath for the day when I start to like it, though. 

So that was my review of the Makeup Revolution Pro Fix Fixing Spray. It's a shame that it didn't work very well but I guess you can't expect that much from something that is so inexpensive. If you liked this post the please make sure to give it a love on Bloglovin or a +1 on Google Plus. I hope you have a great day and I'll talk to you soon. 






Follow