Custom Navbar

Friday 16 August 2013

Friday Fail: Soap & Glory's Smoothie Star Deep Moisture Body Milk

Hey Guys! Today I'm not going to do a Friday Favourite post, I'm going to do a Friday Fail, because this post is about a product that I just do not like no matter how much I try. It is a Soap and Glory product and as you may already know from reading my blog, I love Soap and Glory products. They are one of my favourite brands and this is probably the only product of theirs that I don't love. It's the Smoothie Star Deep Moisture Body Milk. 

I got this for Christmas in The Best of All set and as you can probably tell from the picture, I have barely used any of it. The main reason for this is that I absolutely hate the smell of it, it's so strong. The bottle describes the smell as an "irresistible almonds, oats and brown sugar scent" but I just think it's such a strong almond smell that I hate using it. My sister also got it in the Best of All set and doesn't use it either.

It is a shame though because it is a good moisturiser and leaves your skin feeling very soft but I just find it hard to put something that smells so bad all over my body, leaving me smelling of it for the rest of the day, after just having a shower. It kinda of feels like there's no point in having the shower if my skin is going to smell bad afterwards anyway because of my moisturiser. Every few months though I see it and feel bad for not using it because there is so much in it, so I put some on, trying and convince myself that i'm going to use it up but end up just hating how my skins smells for the rest of the day. 

If you happen to love the smell of almonds though, this could be the perfect moisturiser for you but I really recommend smelling it first before you buy it. (just in case) It is pretty expensive at about €11 but there is a lot in it so I think it would be worth it if you did really like the scent.

Hope you liked this post :) Do you have this product? What do you think of it? Please leave a comment below.


Follow on Bloglovin