Custom Navbar

Saturday 9 May 2015

Coconut Oil: My New Favourite Beauty Product

Hey guys, today I thought that I would tell you about my new favourite beauty product; coconut oil. I've started using it lately and it's great for some many different things, one of my favourites being removing my makeup.

Here are some of the beauty related uses for coconut oil:
As a makeup remover - helps to melt away even the toughest eye makeup
As a body lotion - naturally adds moisture to the skin
As a leave in conditioner for hair - naturally adds moisture to hair
Mix it with sugar to form a lip scrub 
As a breath neutraliser and teeth whitener- when gargled around in your mouth for 15-20 minutes(aka oil pulling)
To shave your legs with
As a cuticle or nail oil
Cocunut oil isn't only an amazing beauty product, it also has great health benefits if used in different ways. It almost seems that the health benefits of coconut oil are endless so here are just a few:

Some heath benefits of coconut oil:
Improves gum health (By oil pulling)
Is better for you than vegetable oil for cooking as it's less fattening 
It is said to lower your risk of heart disease (when ingested)
It strengthens the immune system 
It helps to treat skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis (when applied directly to the skin)

So there you have it, my new favourite product! I've been using this over the past few weeks to remove my makeup and I absolutely love it! I love how versatile and inexpensive it is. It's only around €8 for this big tub in Tescos and it can be used as your make up remover, moisturiser, shaving cream, body lotion, teeth whitener or just as a cooking oil to make your meals a bit healthier. I would definitely recommend it. Have you ever used coconut oil as a beauty product before? Let me know in the comments below.


*MissLauraBora's Blog