Custom Navbar

Wednesday 13 January 2016

Smashbox Be Legendary Lipstick Review

I bought my first Smashbox product recently. I decided to go for a lipstick because that is usually a good place to start when trying a makeup brand. I wanted to go for a bold colour like a deep purple but then thought that I have so many bold colours that I should try something different. Instead I bought quite a bright peachy pink colour, and I know it doesn't really look it from the pictures but it is really bright. 
smashbox be legendary lipstick
smashbox be legendary lipstick paris pink matte
Smashbox is a very expensive brand and their lipsticks are even dearer than Mac lipsticks. Their Be Legendary range are around €22 or €23 a lipstick  (I can't remember the exact price). For that kind of money, I was expecting an amazing quality product and I have to say that I was disappointed. They have a wide range of colours and the colour I got (Paris Pink Matte) was very pigmented but I just hate the finish that it has. It's sort of cakey. It doesn't completely show up in the picture below but I think you can kind of see what I'm talking about. It comes out pretty dry looking even if I exfoliate and moisturise my lips beforehand. 
swatch smashbox paris pink matte be legendary lipstick
It is very creamy for a matte lipstick and appears to be more moisturising than other matte lipsticks but it does actually make your lips feel quite dry after wearing it for about an hour. In terms of how long it lasts on your lips, I needed to reapply it within 2 to 3 hours whereas my matte MAC lipsticks can last almost the entire day. 

Overall, I wasn't very happy with this lipstick and am not sure how often I will wear it because I just don't like how it comes out. Whenever I have the money to splurge on a more expensive lipstick in the future, I will go for MAC because their matte lipsticks are much better quality and I really prefer their finish to the matte Smashbox lipsticks. Have you ever tried any products from Smashbox? Let me know what you thought of them in the comments below and also, let me know if you know any tips or tricks to make this lipstick come out better or last longer because I'd hate to not really ever use this lipstick given how expensive it was. Talk to you soon. 








Follow