Custom Navbar

Saturday 30 August 2014

Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Mascara Review

Hey guys, today I decided to review the Rimmel scandal eyes waterproof black mascara. Like most of Rimmel's other products, it is very affordable but I wanted to see how a mascara for €8 would compare against high end and other drugstore mascaras. It comes with a pretty big brush, which is something that I don't really like in a mascara. I find that when I'm applying mascara with a big brush, that it gets all over my eyelids and ruins my eye makeup- and this brush was no exception.
I didn't have any eye makeup on when I first tried it on and a lot of mascara went on my eyelids. With other mascaras this usually wouldn't really bother me, but this brush put quite a bit on my lid, and it was harder to get rid of than others because it is a waterproof mascara. I didn't need to use any eye makeup remover but I had to tug at my eyes a bit to get it off my lid. The next time I applied it I was careful not to get any of it on my lids but this meant that I didn't coat my entire lashes with mascara, just mainly the middle and the tips. I also found when I applied it that my lashes clumped together quite a bit. As you can see from the pictures below, there wasn't much difference between the before and after, and I actually thought that I had a bit more volume before and that this mascara's clumping made my lashes look quite sparse.

I wasn't very happy with the effect of the mascara but I kept it on all day anyway, and it didn't run down my face or anything. I even made sure to test out it's waterproof-ness at the end of the night when I threw water in my face but the mascara stayed put. It then came off very easily with some waterproof eye makeup remover.

Here are the results of Before and after applying the mascara:

BEFORE

AFTER
Overall, I wasn't very happy with this mascara. It is waterproof and doesn't run but I just don't think it makes my lashes look that good. I also didn't like the brush, and when you don't like a mascara's brush it's pretty much game over for that product. I'm sure that there must be better drugstore mascaras out there for me to find so I'll keep looking. If you are looking for a good mascara, the best I've found is Benefit's They're Real mascara but it's really expensive so I've been searching for a cheap drugstore alternative to it. Maybelline's The Falsies is the best drugstore one I've found so far but it doesn't in any way compare to They're Real for me. I hope you liked this post :) Do you own Rimmel's Scandal Eyes mascara? Let me know what you think of it in the comments below.