Custom Navbar

Thursday 23 February 2017

MUA Matte Lipstick Totally Nude Review

I've tried some nude lipsticks in the past but never really was a fan. The only one I really liked was MAC's Shy Girl which was sort of a peachy/pink toned nude lipstick. The completely nude lipsticks just sometimes look like you have foundation on your lips, I feel. So when I found this MUA lipstick in the colour totally nude (with a hint of a pinky tone running through it) in Superdrug for only €1.35, I thought I'd chance it and see what it was like. 
The first thing I noticed is that I really liked the colour on my lips. It didn't make me look washed out or that I had foundation on my lips. The lipstick itself is quite creamy for a matte lipstick. After using other MUA lipsticks since this, I've noticed that some of them are quite light and don't last on the lips. This isn't the case with this one. It has a heavier feel to it than those ones so not only lasts quite a while but also has a pretty high pigment compared to their other lipsticks. What I love the most about this colour is that you can wear it with any makeup look or outfit. Although it has a pinky tone, it is pretty subtle so it doesn't look too girly or bright on the lips.
In terms of price, for just €1.35, you can't go wrong. Some of the other MUA lipsticks, I think are worth that price but, with this one I wouldn't mind paying €8 or €9 for it. I feel it is as good quality as a Rimmel lipstick or another brand that would cost a lot more. I also really like the simple white packaging and the way you can see the colour of the lipstick by the bottom of the tube without having to open it in case your looking for a colour in a hurry.

Overall, I really like this lipstick. From the colour to the quality to the price, everything about this lipstick seems really great. I can't really think of any bad aspects of this lipstick, other then maybe it's not the same quality as a MAC lipstick which is extremely understandable for a lipstick that only costs €1.35, but other than that I like everything about it. Have you ever tried an MUA lipstick before or has any cheap lipstick surprised you? Let me know in the comments below. I hope you are having a great day and I'll talk to you soon. 






Follow