Custom Navbar

Tuesday 24 February 2015

Best and Worst Dressed at the Oscars 2015

Hey guys, today's post is gonna be my best and worst dressed from the Oscars. There was some gorgeous dresses on the night, and the show was pretty amazing too. I was so glad that Eddie Redmayne won best actor because he is pretty amazing. Anyway, on to the dresses.

BEST DRESSED

Jennifer Lopez 
Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP
I think Jennifer Lopez looks completely amazing in this Elie Saab gown. The colour of the dress is so beautiful with her skin tone and I love all of the pretty gold detailing on it. One of my favourite things about this look is the hair and makeup, I think it compliments to dress so perfectly. The pink lips with neutral eyes, and the stunning ponytail.. this is perfection!

Reese Witherspoon
Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP 
When I first saw Reese Witherspoon on the red carpet, I was speechless. This is the most perfect dress she could have worn on the night. I really love the fit and the monochrome trend in this dress. It's so simple but so stunning at the same time. 

Margot Robbie
Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP 
Margot Robbie's black Saint Laurent dress with the amazing statement necklace was a really beautiful look on the carpet. The dress itself with the gorgeous sheer sleeves is beautiful but I think the statement necklace with the pop of blue really makes the look. Gorgeous! 


Chloë Grace Moretz
Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP 
This was a look that I missed on the red carpet live show but just think this dress is so stunningly pretty. I love how this has the sort of propped up pockets..so cool. It kinda of reminds me of something a princess would wear and Chloë looks so beautiful in it. 

Dakota Johnson
Jason Merritt/Getty Images
This dress is so up my street; a gorgeous colour, simple one shoulder style and a bit of bling to dress it up. Add the bright lip and it makes a perfect red carpet look. She looks amazing!

JUST MISSED BEST DRESSED

Lupita Nyong'o
Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP 
I love the idea of the dress and really love the bottom half. It's just the shape of the bodice that I don't really like especially with the cutout. I also don't really like the part of the dress where the small pearls meet the bigger pearls, it seems to create a weird line in the middle of the dress. I still thinks she looks gorgeous though. There aren't many women that can pull of a dress of pearls and she did it. 

WORST DRESSED

Solange Knowles
Jason Merritt/Getty Images
Is it just me or does Solange Knowles just seem to try to pick what she thinks will get the worst dressed vote? I always see her on these lists and some of the oufits are so weird that I think she must be doing it for the publicity.I don't even know what to say about this about this outfit but it is just a lot to take in... way too much material. 

Scarlett Johansson
Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP 
There is something about this look that just doesn't work. First of all, I really don't like her short hairstyle and I think it might be ruining this look for me. Maybe the necklace and the dress would be okay if she had a different hairstyle, maybe a long ponytail, and I also think the colour of the dress would look better on a brunette of redhead. Or maybe it's the necklace, that seems to be cutting off her neck and making her appear to almost have a double chin. Either way, the look just isn't working. 

I hope you guys liked this post and enjoyed watching the Oscars the other night. What do you think?Who were your best and worst looks of the night? Leave a comment down below.