Custom Navbar

Monday 26 January 2015

The SAG Awards 2015: My Best and Worst Dressed

Hey guys, as you already probably know, the Screen Actors Guild awards was on last night so as promised, here are my best and worst dressed. There were so many amazing looks on the night that I had to leave out some on my list because it was getting way too long and I was almost hard pressed for my worst looks. So lets start with the best dressed:

Best Dressed

Emma Stone
Ethan Miller/Getty Images

I had to choose Emma Stone again for my best dressed. I feel like all I'm seeing on the red carpets lately is the same thing again and again, gorgeous dresses but not much that stands out. Emma's Dior look was one that was completely different from anything I'd seen on the red carpet before and so sheek. I love the simple shoes and accessories, including a stunning ear cuff. I had to name her best dressed even though I would have liked not to put the same person twice in a row but I just thought the look was amazing and I even prefer it to her Golden Globes look. This is a look that I think will be talked about for years to come during award season.

Emmy Rossum
Kevork Djansezian/ Getty Images
This Armani Privé gown is so stunning. I really like the sort of sheer lacy detail it has. It was definitely a wow moment for me when I first saw this on the red carpet. The diamond necklace is perfect with it and the entire look together is just amazing and so elegant.

Julie Bowen
Kevork Djansezian/ Getty Images
Julie Bowen's Georges Hobeika dress is really pretty and quite girly. I love everything about this dress from the floral detailing to the fabric belt with a bow that cinches in her waist. I also really like that she paired it with a simple fresh makeup look and stud diamond earrings because this dress did all the talking on it's own.

Felicity Jones
Kevork Djansezian/ Getty Images
This stunning pale pink fitting gown by Balenciaga looked amazing on Felicity Jones. I think it complimented her skin tone so beautifully and this look to me, with everything combined, showed her as a beautiful English rose. It was so elegant and perfect with her paler skin tone that I just couldn't help but think that when I saw her.

Sofia Vergara
Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP
Sofia Vergara looked so hot in this deep red Donna Karan dress. This look to me is so effortlessly stunning but then again I guess when Sofia Vergara rolls out of bed in the morning that she looks effortlessly stunning. Love the dress, love the hair, and love the red lip!

Keira Knightley 
Kevin Mazur/Wire Image
Keira Knightley rocked her baby bump on the night in this purple Erdem gown. This picture doesn't really do it justice and it looked so much better from the side while she was walking down the carpet. I loved this dress on her before I even realised that she was pregnant. The hair was just perfect with it and I loved the look. The perfect way to show of a baby bump on the red carpet!

Sarah Hyland
Ethan Miller/Getty Images
This custom Vera Wang dress is so cool. Surprisingly, I really love this colour on her and think the jeweled bodice takes it to the next level and gives it a bit more of an edgy look.

Reese Witherspoon
Jordan Strauss/ Invision/AP
There really isn't much to say about this look. Reese nailed it again and looked amazing. This Armani gown was a great fit on her and she looked stunning. 

Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting
Lester Cohen/Wire Image
This simple fitted Romona Keveza dress was great on Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting. Not much to say about the dress but it fitted her beautifully and the colour was great with her skin tone. I also really like the metallic clutch bag, and as you would have probably already guessed, the simple accessories. One thing that I don't like, which is not just for the SAG awards but in general, is her hair. I much preferred her long hair, although there is no denying that she can pull off this short do.

Natalie Dormer
Ethan Miller/ Getty Images
I liked this flowery Naeem Kahn dress and the one shoulder look it has going on. Her hair style with it compliments the dress a lot and I don't think I would have liked it as much with a simple updo. I feel that there is something slightly off with this dress though that I can't quite put my finger on and that's why it is so far down the list.

Now onto what everyone is waiting for; the worst dressed of the night.

Worst Dressed

Lo Bosworth
Jordan Strauss/Invison/AP

The fit of this dress was just completely wrong. It looks like a sort of flesh coloured sack that does nothing for her.  I also don't like her hair or makeup, they're quite 90's but I really like her shoes. 

Lorelei Linklater
Theo Wargo/Wire Image
This probably would have been a nice dress if not for the crazy sleeves. I can't understand if it was worn wrong or if the dress was actually supposed to look like this. It's really sort of pilgrim-esque and I don't see how she can even use her hands with these bell sleeves. 

Laura Carmichael 
Jordan Strauss/ Invision/ AP
This dress just doesn't work for me. The mixture of the two fabrics looks really strange. It would have looked better if it was just the one fabric because the layered effect isn't working, it looks kind of frumpy or something.

Sophia Bush
Jordan Strauss/Invision/ AP
I really like Sophia Bush and think she is so beautiful but I don't like this dress. It doesn't seem to fit right and it's quite weird that you can see the lining underneath in the pictures. I preferred her as a brunette but this hairstyle is very Hollywood glamour, perfect for a red carpet and I love the shoes. The dress just looks sort of strange especially around her midriff so I had to put it on my list.

So those are all my best and worst looks from the Screen Actor's Guild awards. I hope you liked this post! Make sure to give it a +1 on Google Plus or save it on Bloglovin' if you did and make sure to let me know in the comments below who was your best and worst dressed of the night.