Custom Navbar

Tuesday 4 March 2014

My Best and Worst Dressed of the Oscars 2014

Hey guys, today I'm gonna be doing my best and worst dressed from the Oscars the other night. There was so many amazing dresses that I wasn't able to include them all in my best dressed but I did include some absolutely stunning ones. 

Best Dressed :
Lupita Nyong'o 
Definitely not for the first time this award season, Lupita looked absolutely amazing. She looked like a princess in this gorgeous duck egg blue dress with a stunning plunge neckline. She always knows how to let a dress speak for itself by wearing simple makeup and minimal accessories with it like a simple headband and gorgeous earrings. 

Kate Hudson
This is definitely one of my favourites from the night. Kate Hudson brought it in this stunning white Versace dress. Another plunging neckline but my favourite thing about this dress is the shoulder cape attachment, it really just brings this dress from a gorgeous dress to absolutely spectacular. Love it! 


Naomi Watts
I don't know why I like white dresses so much but Naomi Watts was another favourite of mine from the night. This dress looked better in the video footage I saw than in photographs but you can still see that it is completely breathtaking. I love the shape with the little capped sleeves, the gorgeous detail of it, plus the statement necklace that really ties the whole thing together. She looks flawless. 


Emma Watson
I love this dress on Emma Watson. The contrast between the top and skirt part of the dress is perfect and the colours are perfect on her too. I really, really love the hair and makeup, and also how she accessorized it with a couple of statement rings.  


Jennifer Lawrence
This is my favourite red carpet look from Jennifer Lawrence this award season. The dress is simple yet gorgeous. The colour is amazing. I much prefer her hair like this than the way she wore it to the some of the other award shows this year. Love the accessories too!


Giuliana Rancic
I love Giuliana's flowy princess style Paolo Sebastian gown. The detail on the top half is so gorgeous and sparkly. She looked amazing!! 


Cate Blanchett 
It seems Cate Blanchett can do no wrong this award season as she pulls off another look for the best dressed lists. The dress is stunning, very simple yet detailed at the same time.



Kristen Belle
Light coloured dresses seemed to be a bit of a trend at this years Oscars, didn't they? I love the shape of this dress. I think Kristen Belle wore it perfectly. The hair, the bag and the necklace really bring it all together to make her look really stunning. 

Now, on to the worst dressed.

Worst Dressed: 

Lady Gaga
I don't like this look on Lady Gaga. The dress on its own is actually pretty nice but paired with the scarf thing, the hair and the makeup, something just doesn't work for me. If their was nothing around her neck then I think this could have been quite nice.


  Elsa Pataky  (Chris Hemsworth's Wife )
I just thought that Elsa Pataky's dress looked slightly ridiculous on a pregnant woman. I've said before in another best and worst dressed blog post that I think a really simple dress looks the most gorgeous on someone who is pregnant, but she wore a really sparkly, sheer dress which almost gave the effect that it was see-through. I just didn't like it very much at all.


Pharrell Williams
Last but not least, making my worst dressed list for the second time this award season, is Pharrell Williams. He wore shorts to the Oscars. I liked what he was trying to do and I like that he takes risks but this just reminded me of a little boy in the 1930's. If you took away the bow-tie, it would have basically been something that was worn by children back then.  

So that was my best and worst dressed of the Oscars 2014. I hope you like this post. If you did make sure to give it a like on Bloglovin or a +1 on Google Plus. For more, here are the links for some of my other best and worst dressed blog posts from the rest of the awards season: The Golden Globes, The SAG Awards and The Grammys.
Follow on Bloglovin

*I don't own any of the pictures used in the above blog post .