Custom Navbar

Saturday 16 August 2014

A Little Life Update + Small Tribute

Hey guys, I'm sorry I haven't posted much this week but I have been sick for the last few days. It was horrible. I was so miserable and tired all the time, and I spent my two days off work not being able to do anything but sit on the couch, watching crappy TV, while everyone else went out for the day. The good news is that I'm getting better and I was able to go to work today,  even though I'm still pretty tired because I wasn't able to sleep that much when I was sick. I'm looking forward to going to bed soon after writing this but for now I want to talk about something else that happened this week.

I was really upset to hear that Robin Williams died because he is a big inspiration to me and is in one of my favourite films ever, Dead Poets Society. I only saw it for the first time earlier this year but I'd say I've seen it about seven or eight times since. I love Robin William's character Mr. Keating, who was both inspiring and funny. It is no secret that he was an amazing actor. He could be funny and serious and switch between the two so easily. Every character I've seen him play from the genie in Aladdin, to Alan Parrish in Jumanji, to Mrs Doubtfire and Mr. Keating, has been extremely believable, and he brought a certain realness to each role that only he can bring. I am sad that he is gone but at least we still have all the amazing films and characters he left behind.. and I'm not going to lie, I'm probably going to watch Dead Poets Society another ten times by the end of this year.

Also, it's coming to the end of the summer soon and I'll be going back to college. I'm a little scared about becoming too overwhelmed with everything all at once because it seems like I already don't have enough time now. I'm sure I'll figure it out but that's is one thing I've been stressing about the last few weeks. I'm dying to go back to class but I'm worried about how all my scheduling is going work out. I won't find out any of my schedules for another two weeks so I guess I should stop worrying and start enjoying the last of the summer. Talk to you later.