Custom Navbar

Tuesday 19 August 2014

Sephora Collection Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover Review

Hey guys, today I am reviewing the Sephora waterproof eye makeup remover. I got this from a friend and was anxious to try it out. It's only a small bottle of 25ml but since it's only for eye makeup it should be fine. One of the first things I noticed about this product is that it has quite an oily consistency - not that it is a bad thing. I've seen articles online about how oil is a great natural cleanser and makeup remover so I guess it was only a matter of time before it featured heavily in a cleanser or makeup remover. This product contains castor oil which is antibacterial, one of the best oils for cleaning, and also helps to strengthen eyelashes. It also contains Procapil® which supports natural lash growth so your lashes will stay looking great as you use it, especially because you won't have to tug so hard at your eyes to get rid of all your eye makeup. Because it has such a oily consistency it wipes away gel eyeliner and tough mascara with great ease. 

I don't know if you can see from the picture but there is a blue layer on the bottom, which I assume is just some of Sephora's regular eye makeup remover, which looks the same and contains similar ingredients, and then there is a layer of clear oil on top that stays separate from the liquid part, until you turn it upside down to get some out, when it then all mixes together so you can easily remove your eye makeup. It is also suitable for people with sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers, and it it is fairly inexpensive. A 50ml bottle which is twice the size of the one I have is only $7 which is about €5.30. I think that would last you a long time but there are also bottles in 125ml and 200ml if you feel that you would need more.I have been using my bottle for about two weeks now and it has only gone down to the top of the Sephora letters on the bottle so I think that this 25ml bottle could last me a good few months. 

I really like this product and it is making me want to try removing my makeup regular olive oil to see how that works in comparison. I doubt it will be as good, but there is something about the oil in the product that makes makeup just glide off your face. I will definitely use it until it is all gone and then there is just the problem of getting to a Sephora to buy another one :P Here is the product on the website if you would like to see more about it or if they ship to your country.

I hope you liked this post! Give it a like on Bloglovin or a +1 on Google Plus if you did :) Have you ever tried this product, or any others from the Sephora Collection? Leave a comment below letting me know if you did, and how you liked them.