Custom Navbar

Wednesday 18 September 2013

The Liebster Award


Hey Guys! I just got nominated for the Liebster Award by Stacey from Be Yourself and Be Fabulous. I'm new to her blog but it's really good, so make sure to go check it out and follow it :) The Liebster Award is a chain blog award given to up and coming bloggers with under 200 followers by a fellow blogger to help everyone find new blogs to read and new bloggers to connect with. Thanks so much Stacey for nominating me. 


The Rules:
You must link the person who nominated you.
You must answer the 11 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee.
You must pick 11 bloggers with under 200 followers to be nominated for the award.
You cannot nominate the person who nominated you.   
You must come up with 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
You must go to their blogs and notify your nominees.

Stacey's questions for me:
1. Why did you decide to start a blog?
I started watching a lot of YouTube videos (more and more for about two and a half years) and thought this looks so fun and I knew Zoella had a blog before she did YouTube, which helped her build up the courage to do YouTube so I decided to try one for that reason, and also to see if it was something that I liked which I found that I really do. 
2. When you first started your blog, did it start out as something else, or was this always your genre?
No, my blog has always been a beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog.
3. Do you put yourself on a schedule when you’re going to blog or do you just wing it? 

I sort of do. I make a weekly post called The Friday Favourite to make sure that I post at least twice a week, once on Friday and then once any other time during the week so that my blog never has two Friday Favourite's in a row. I usually post whenever I feel like it though other than Friday and as much as I want but the Friday Favourite just makes sure that I post at least twice in a week.
4. If  you could blog about only one thing (excluding your genre) what would it be?

I don't know, I think that if there was something other than my genre that I wanted to post, I would already be posting it. I really like my genre and can't think of anything else that I would prefer to be doing.
5. If you could read only one blog for the rest of your life, whose blog would that be?
Probably Louise from Sprinkle of Glitter, I really love her blog, and she's really dedicated to it so I know that I wouldn't run out of posts to read because she never goes a long period of time without posting, and I think that it is important for your readers to know that you are a reliable blogger.
6. Do your friends and or work acquaintances know you write a blog? 
No, only a handful of people know about my blog including my little sister, my cousin and my best friend. I just recently told two of my best friends that are in France with me about it because it is pretty hard not to be able to talk to anyone about. I do like having the secret sometimes though and feel kind of like Batman or something when I'm sneaking around trying to take pictures and planning blog posts haha.
7. How long does it take you to come up with an idea? 
I usually don't have to think too hard about something to post and might even have a big list of blog posts to do for the week that I'll have to wait to use, but I do remember once that I got writers block even though I had a couple of idea's to post but just found it really hard to write them and wrote about three different posts that I had to scrap because I didn't like them. I think I eventually just did a NOTD because it's more of a show rather than tell post and then my writers block was gone by the next post I did. I've been pretty lucky though that it was the only time that I really had writers block in the whole time I've had my blog.
8. How long have you been blogging?
Nearly five months now and I have no intention of stopping anytime soon :)
9. Aside from blogging, what other activities do you enjoy?
I like hanging out with my friends, watching scary movies, singing, playing the guitar and watching YouTube videos (not all at the same time :P)
10. Do you subscribe to your own blog?
I don't subscribe to my own blog because I already know when I write a new post, so there isn't any need for me to get updates of when I post something new.
11. How did you feel the moment you read I nominated you for this award?
I was so happy to think that someone liked my blog enough to nominate it for the Liebster Award.

My nominees are....

Laura from Pretty Little Makeup
Lucy from A Little Of Lucy
Bryony from Pianos And Petticoats  
Redlipstatement 
Lauren from The Devil Wears Tartan
Gabriella from With Eyes Like Diamonds
Lauren from Mega Beauty
Yasmin from Be You 
Rackel Kat Blog, Meow
Lexi from Rawlly Yours
Holly from I Blog The Fashion

My questions for the nominees:
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. Is this your first blog or have you had a blog before?
3. What do you do to combat writer's block?
4. What is your favourite thing about blogging?
5. Do you have a least favourite thing about blogging? If so, what is it?
6. Do your family and friends know about your blog?
7. What is your favourite type of post to write?
8. How long have you had your blog?
9. Why did you choose the name of your blog?
10. Who is your favourite blogger?
11. Who is your favourite YouTuber?

Hope you liked this post. Thanks again to Stacey for nominating me for it :) Feel free to leave a comment below with your answers to the questions or do the post on your own blog, even if I haven't nominated you in this post.
Follow on Bloglovin