Custom Navbar

Friday 20 September 2013

Friday Favourite #18: Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation


Hey Guys, today's Friday Favourite is something that's been a favourite of mine for quite a while now. It's my everyday foundation and I absolutely love it, the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation. I'm sure everyone already knows how good this foundation is and that's probably why I haven't done this post already, but I thought that it is such an integral part of my makeup collection, and my absolute favourite foundation, that I couldn't not mention it in a Friday Favourite at some point. I've used it non stop for a couple of months now and I definitely plan on repurchasing it when this one runs out (you might be able to tell from the picture that quite a lot is gone from it so I'll probably have to get a new one soon enough). 

I really love this foundation because it makes your skins look really natural and radiant while still covering up any imperfections or blemishes. It's quite a lightweight foundation so it doesn't feel too heavy or look cakey on your skin, but it's also very buildable so it gives a good amount of coverage. I'd say it gives a medium amount of coverage so I don't think I would recommend it for someone with very severe acne but if your skin is fairly okay I'd suggest you give this foundation a try if you haven't already. I have fairly dry skin and this foundation doesn't dry it out any more or look flaky when I wear it like some other foundations do. I'm not sure how well it would work for oily skin though because it's supposed to make your skin look radiant, which paired with oily skin might make it look quite shiny but I'm sure it with be okay if you made sure to powder your face after applying it and throughout the day.

One of the main reasons I'd say to definitely give this product a try is because of the price; it's so affordable.
It's only like €8, and given how good of a foundation it is, I think that it is well worth the money. Even if you find that you don't actually like it or it's not worth the hype, at least you didn't spend €35 on it like you might if you wanted to try a Mac foundation. This is my Ultimate favourite foundation and I have no plans to look for any sort of alternative to it any time soon, so I think that in itself really says it all :)

Me, wearing Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation in my Selena Gomez makeup tutorial

Hope you liked this post :) Do you have this foundation? What do you think of it? Please leave a comment below letting me know what you think :)

Follow on Bloglovin