Custom Navbar

Friday 9 September 2016

Makeup Revolution Goddess of Love Highlighter Review

Makeup Revolution is quickly becoming a very popular brand for makeup. Their palettes are really inexpensive and are pretty great quality for the price. I've already bought both of their contour palettes and their concealer palette and was very happy with them. They recently came out with a series of baked highlighters so I decided to get one to see what it was like. 
The highlighter that I chose was their Goddess of Love Triple Baked Highlighter. They had different ones that were multitone but I ended up choosing this one which is gorgeous. The highlighter itself is heart-shaped and so is the gold and white box with purple lettering that it comes in. On first impressions of the packaging, I really love it; It is simple and cute. The only thing is that it is quite bulky so it's not very travel-friendly.
The price was pretty good. I got it for around €6. I know that there are some cheaper highlighters than this but there are also some that are 20 and 30 euro so I think it is a fairly good price.

On to the product, it is very pigmented and has quite a shimmery finish. It is so pigmented, in fact, that you have to be careful not to put too much on because the pigmentation along with the shimmer can look very tacky if put on wrong. It has a fairly good staying power as well and lasts the day. I never notice it has worn off throughout the day anyway. Below is a picture of me wearing the highlighter.
Overall, I do like this highlighter. I feel like highlighter is a product that just works or doesn't, I've never really fallen in love with one as far as I can remember. Anyway, I like this one. It is really pretty. The only negative thing I have to say is that it is quite bright and shimmery so I feel it does kind of border on tacky; it's not very subtle. I'm still going to wear it though, I just have to make sure not to put on too much and to blend it out as much as I can. Have you ever tried a Makeup Revolution highlighter or another one of their products? Leave a comment below if you did and let me know what you thought of it. Also, If you are interested in getting one of these highlighters, you can get it in your local Superdrug or here online. I hope you have and great day and hopefully I'll talk to you soon.






Follow