Custom Navbar

Saturday 9 April 2016

Maybelline The Falsies Push Up Drama Review

If you saw my Superdrug haul blog post, then you will know that in it I bought the new Maybelline Falsies mascara. Its official name is The Falsies Push Up Drama mascara and I got it on offer for €7.25 down from €10.75. I was pretty excited to try it because I liked the other Falsies mascara, and this one looked like it had a better brush (kinda like the brush from Benefit's They're Real mascara). 
maybelline the falsies push up drama review
I really love the packaging of this mascara, much more than the original Falsies mascara. It's really sleek or something and I really love the pink and red together which the black. Also, the look of the brush is right up my street; most of my favourite mascaras have a brush like this one. I hate the really fat bristly brushes of some mascaras and find that thinner, rubber brushes work best for me. 
maybelline the falsies
maybelline the falsies push up drama brush/wand
When I tried this product, however, I found that I didn't like it. I felt like it didn't make much of a difference to my lashes and it really didn't give much volume. The most annoying thing about this product though is that it is quite wet or something. It gets all over my lid no matter what I do and even after a few minutes, it is really smudgeable. It takes really long to dry out and this makes it so easy to mess up. Most of the time when I apply this mascara, I end up taking it all off again because it either goes all over my lid, doesn't make much of a difference to my lashes or both. 


I've talked to a few of the girls in work about this mascara and some of them agree with me that it is a really wet formula and smudges everywhere. Some of them, however, have no idea what I'm talking about and say it is quite a good mascara. So make of that what you will, although none of them said it was a really amazing mascara, it was more like "it gets the job done" kind of thing. 

 BEFORE
AFTER
AFTER LIGHTLY TOUCHING MY EYE A FEW MINUTES LATER TO SHOW YOU HOW SMUDGEABLE IT IS
Overall, I really don't like this mascara. I wanted to but it is just so annoying to use. I'm going to continue to try and use it every now and then to see if I can use it up because I really hate waste, but it's definitely not going to be the first mascara I reach for on a special occasion or when I want to look nice. What do you think? Have you tried this mascara yet? Let me know in the comments below what you make of it or what mascara you own that was a great disappointment. Have a great day and I'll talk to you soon. 






Follow