Custom Navbar

Saturday 12 March 2016

Makeup Revolution Cover & Conceal Palette Review

I recently got the Makeup Revolution London Ultra Cover and Conceal palette at Superdrug for only €7.75. This is the first product I ever got from Makeup Revolution but I thought I'd try it since it was so inexpensive. In the palette, you get 8 different shades of concealer with quite a nice sized mirror. There were three different shades of this palette available to buy; light, light-medium or medium-dark. I went for the light palette because I have pretty pale skin. 
makeup revolution london cover and conceal palette light
My original idea for getting this palette was to use it to contour with but I think that the light-medium or medium-dark palette might have been better for contouring. None of the shades in this palette are dark enough. Highlighting, on the other hand, is a different story. At least half of the colours in this palette are light enough for me to highlight with. 
makeup revolution cover and conceal palette review
These concealers are very soft and creamy so they are quite easy to blend out. They don't dry in as quickly as some other concealers do so they're easier to work with. The downside of that is that they are fairly light and don't have as much coverage as other concealers. They also are quite an oily consistency and are hard to set with powder. I do like this palette and being able to have all the different shades to play around with when concealing my face but as for the quality of the concealers, I feel like they are fairly average.
I am still pretty happy with this palette though because as I've already said, I got it for only €7.75, so I wasn't expecting MAC quality full coverage concealers. For the price, I think they are good quality and you could get a lot worse concealers for €7.75. I wish there would be a tiny more variation in the colours so they could be used better for contouring but I think that was my own fault in choosing the light palette. 

Overall, I like this palette. For the price, you can't go wrong, and you not only get 8 different shades of concealer but a pretty sizable compact mirror too. I definitely want to try out some more Makeup Revolution products after these, especially because they are so inexpensive. Have you ever tried any Makeup Revolution products before? Let me know if you did and what you thought of them in the comments section below. I hope you enjoyed this post! If you did, then make sure to save it on Bloglovin or give it a +1 on Google Plus. Talk to you all soon. 







Follow