Custom Navbar

Wednesday 23 March 2016

24K Gold Collagen Mask Review

When I went to the Professional Beauty Ireland event back in October, I got a goody bag from Tan Organic and Skin Logic that had a couple of cool freebies in it. One of those was a 24k Gold Under Eye Collagen Mask. I was definitely intrigued when I saw this product. I've never really used face masks before but this one sounded amazing.
gold face mask
 The mask contains gold minerals which are supposed to tighten the skin and facilitate the removal of toxins. It also contains plant collagen which combined with active gold is supposed to combat dryness, and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. The mask is also supposed to stimulate collagen production and therefore, give you younger looking skin.
24k gold collagen face mask
It's obviously difficult to determine if I have gotten younger looking skin after just a few uses but I do really like this under-eye mask. It is so cooling and relaxing. I love to use it first thing in the morning to help wake me up and get ready for the day. You are supposed to leave it on for at least thirty minutes so I usually wear it while eating breakfast, writing blog posts or editing videos early in the morning. Once you apply it, it stays on your face so you don't have to worry about it sliding off as you walk around or do other things while you are waiting. It's not one of those masks where you have to lie down and keep still to use, which I love. There also is no clean up afterwards unlike other face masks which can be quite messy. 

I'm not sure if it meant to be reusable but I have been using it each day for a few days now. The youthful benefits of this mask may not be as beneficial after the first use, I'm not really sure how it works but it is still very cooling and relaxing to use on the second, third or fourth time. There is also a tip that was written on the packet that says once you are done using it, you can melt the remainder of the mask in your bath to give you softer, smoother skin.  
24 carat gold face mask
My skin isn't very aged looking anyway but after using the mask, my under-eye area feels very soft and smooth so I really like this mask. The great thing about it is that it is really affordable, and retails at only €3.49. You can buy it here on the Skin Logic website if you are interested. You can also get a full face mask version of it for €12, and there are also neck and lip masks. I think this is the start of a beautiful obsession with face masks for me.

I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did then please make sure to save it on Bloglovin or give it a +1 on Google Plus. Have you ever tried a Collegen face mask before? What did you think? If you haven't then make sure to let me know what your favourite face mask is in the comments below. Talk to you soon.






Follow