Custom Navbar

Thursday 28 January 2016

Quick and Easy to Make | Homemade Apple Tart

Today I thought that I would do something a bit different here on my blog. A lot of you mightn't know but in my spare time I really like to bake. So I thought that for today's blog post I would show you how to make quick homemade apple tart. 
This apple tart isn't completely homemade because I used pre-made puff pastry. Apparently it takes really long to make your own puff pastry, with tons of different steps including freezing it a few times so I thought that I would use the pre-made one to save time.
The main ingredients you need are:
2 cooking apples
castor sugar
flour (preferably plain flour but I used self-raising)
and a Jus Rol puff pastry block
The first thing I did was rolled out my puff pastry block on a flour covered surface. Also, make sure to put flour on the rolling pin so it doesn't stick to the pastry. 
After that, I greased a deep plate with butter so that the apple tart wouldn't stick to it.
I then placed the rolled out puff pastry over the plate to make sure it fit and cut around the sides of it with a knife to make the bottom of the apple tart.
After that, I sprinkled a tablespoon or two of castor sugar over the pastry before I moved on to peeling the apples.
Once the apples were peeled, I cut off pieces into the pastry covered dish. After each layer of apple pieces, I sprinkled about two to three more tablespoons of castor sugar making sure that all the pieces of apple were covered. If you don't put enough sugar in to cover the apple pieces then you apple tart will be sour tasting.

After that was done, I rolled out the remaining puff pastry for the top of the apple tart. Then I covered the flattened puff pastry over the apple tart and cut around the sides of the plate.
Next I took an egg, broke it into a glass, mixed it up with a fork and used it to seal the two layers of the apple tart together. This was done by lifting up the side of the top layer of puff pastry and coating the edges of the bottom layer in egg. Then after it was coated, I let the top layer back down again so it would stick to the bottom layer.
Then, on to the design of the apple tart, I began by cutting a knife into the edges of the apple tart in an inch or so apart segments. Then I used my thumb to press down in the middle of each of these lines to properly seal the tart. 
After that, I took the leftover puff pastry, rolled it out with the rolling pin and then cut out the shape of two leaves to decorate the apple tart.
I then took the mixed egg and used it to stick the leaves down on the apple tart. After that, I covered the entire apple tart with egg and put it in a the oven for 25-30 minutes at 180°C (Gas Mark 4). 
And that is it, my apple tart recipe. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did, then you make sure to save this post on Bloglovin or give it a +1 on Google+. Also, Leave a comment down below telling me what is you favourite thing to bake, or even just to eat! Talk to you soon. 

Follow