Custom Navbar

Saturday 23 January 2016

Nivea Double Effect Eye Makeup Remover Review

In my recent blog post about Nivea's Micellar Water, I said that I preferred it way more to the other product that I had received for review. This was because I originally didn't like their Double Effect Eye Makeup Remover at all. I found that it was no better at taking off makeup than any other makeup remover. Then I figured out how it actually works. 
nivea eye makeup remover
What I had been doing wrong was just pouring out the makeup remover out onto a tissue or cotton pad before using it. For this product to really work, you have to shake it up so that both layers (the blue and the clear one) are mixed together. Once I did this, I found it amazing at taking off my eye makeup with it almost all gone in one wipe.  One of the layers is made up of some sort of oil, which if you've read any of my blog posts about coconut oil or the Sephora eye makeup remover, you will know that oils are amazing at removing makeup. 

This product not only removes eye shadow and gel eyeliner, but it also removes waterproof mascara and is one of the best products that I've used against eyelash glue. I still haven't found a product that can completely remove eyelash glue easily but this one really helps when removing it. It is dermatologically and ophthalmologically approved, and it is suitable for all skin types and even contact lens wearers. 

Like a lot of other Nivea products, it is extremely affordable as it's recommended retail price is only €4.79 and you get quite a lot of product for that price (125ml) in comparison to the Sephora eye makeup remover which is quite similar. Overall, I really like this product for removing stubborn eye makeup and think it is well worth the price tag. If you like the sound this product, you can get it in any Boots or Superdrug. Also, let me know in the comments below if you have ever tried this product and what you thought of it if you did? Talk to you soon. 






Follow