Custom Navbar

Saturday 14 March 2015

Benefit's Some Kind-a Gorgeous Review






















































Hey guys, today I am reviewing Benefit's Some Kind-a Gorgeous Foundation Faker. The is a pretty expensive product and retails at about €30-€35. You basically apply it like a foundation with a brush or the sponge provided. It has a lovely silky sort of feeling when it is being applied but with my skin type I feel that it sort of highlights the dry areas and looks a bit flaky. A friend of mine who has more of an oily skin type tried it and loved it but I'm not crazy about it on my skin. I feel it doesn't last very long, only a few hours and because it is a foundation faker, the coverage isn't great, it's just something to throw on in the mornings to even out your skin tone.

I really love the packaging, and think it is so cute! Benefit always has really great packaging and I love the idea of making it look like a vinyl record. It's pretty handy that it has quite a big mirror for a compact and I sometimes use it when applying my makeup on the go. One thing that is a bit misleading about it is that there is very little product in it although it gives the impression that it would fill the whole area of the packaging. As you can see in the picture, it hits the pan quite early and doesn't hold half as much product as it appears to. The bottom of the packaging contains a compartment that holds the foundation sponge.

As I said already, I'm not crazy about this product and I mostly used it because I was trying to get my money's worth as it's fairly expensive after all. I definitely wouldn't repurchase it because it is just way too expensive for what you get. I also think that if you are going to pay €30 or more for a product that you might as well get a full foundation with better coverage than a foundation faker to doesn't do everything a foundation does. What do you think? Have you ever tried out the product? Did you like it, and if so what skin type do you have? Let me know in the comments below and i'll talk to you soon.


*MissLauraBora's Blog