Custom Navbar

Thursday 19 February 2015

Best and Worst Dressed at the Grammys 2015

Hey guys, today I thought I would share with you my best and worst dressed of the Grammys. There were a lot of amazing looks on the night and just like the last few awards shows, I found it hard to find a lot of bad ones. Now onto the looks.

BEST DRESSED

Gwen Stefani 
Larry Busacca/Getty Images for NARAS
I picked Gwen Stefani as my best dressed because as soon as I saw her I said "Wow". She looks amazing in this black Versace jumpsuit. I actually even think that this photograph doesn't do it justice and it looked way better in the video footage! It's really simple but absolutely stunning, and her hair and makeup were gorgeous too.


Jessie J
Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP
Next is Jessie J in this sheer Ralph and Russo gown. I think this look is amazing. The hair and the makeup really add to it and I thought she pulled it off perfectly. It's kind of Morticia Adams sheek but I really like it.

Anna Kendrick
Larry Busacca/Getty Images for NARAS
I figure you all knew that Anna Kendrick would be in my best dressed list in this Band of Outsiders jacket and trouser combo. I don't know why I'm loving the suits and jumpsuits so much lately. This is just so simple and elegant, and she looks amazing. 

Iggy Azalea
Larry Busacca/Getty Images for NARAS
I just love Iggy Azalea's royal blue Armani Privé dress. I love the colour and it fits her body shape so perfectly. I wouldn't normally be crazy about the sort of milkmaid braid that she is sporting with it but I think she pulls it off. The hair kind of takes this look to the next level, whereas otherwise it would just have been a stunning dress.

Taylor Swift
Larry Busacca/Getty Images for NARAS
Taylor Swift just keeps on getting it right on all the red carpets I've seen her on in the last year. This turquoise Elie Saab frock is no exception. It's an amazing dress and I really love it. Also I like that she added the pop of purple in with the shoes. This look is gorgeous!


Katy Perry
Larry Busacca/Getty Images for NARAS
I love this look, and I sort of hate it a little bit, but only for the sheer fact that it is almost completely see-through,(Did you see what I did there? :P ) There is a lot on show and it doesn't leave much to the imagination but I think if it had a thicker lining underneath it would be one of my best looks of the night. She still looks amazing though, sheer or not sheer.

Now onto my worst dressed of the night, even though their weren't that many.

WORST DRESSED

Lady Gaga
Larry Busacca/Getty Images for NARAS

When I saw this photograph of Lady Gaga, I almost burst out laughing. I don't know what kind of pose she was trying to do here, but that paired with the dress gave a sort of "whoa" first impression (and not in a good way). There is just something about the look that is kind of tacky, with the crazy slits and the turquoise necklace matched with the silver, I just don't like it at all. 

Rita Ora
Jason Merritt/Getty Images
I am racking my brain trying to figure out how Rita Ora could have made this Prada gown work and I can't find an answer. On paper she did everything right, with the short hair and the makeup she chose. In some pictures of the dress I think she looks quite good but in others she looks like she is covered in cheap sequins. I don't know. The dress is just a lot to deal with, being floor length with the long sleeves and high neck. 

Kim Kardashian
Larry Busacca/Getty Images for NARAS
Last on my list is Kim Kardashian. I also really have a sort of love/hate feeling towards this look. It's kind of like she is dressed up as a glitzy Rocky or someone else about to go into a boxing ring but it also is kind of cool and different to anything I've seen before (But then again, that might just be my bias for loving Rocky :P ).

I hope you all enjoyed this post! The Oscars are only around the corner now and I am getting excited. Leave a comment below of who were your best and worst looks and I'l talk to you soon.

*MissLauraBora's Blog