Custom Navbar

Tuesday 18 February 2014

Bourjois Healthy Mix Radiance Reveal Foundation Review

Hey guys, last week the lovely Gazelle requested that I do a review on the Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation that I had purchased recently. I've been wearing it all week since then and have lots of things to say about it. First off, this is a great natural everyday foundation that makes your skin look flawless and radiant. Although it doesn't have amazing coverage and would probably work best on people who are fairly young with pretty okay skin to begin with, it is build-able. I would say that it gives medium coverage so I wouldn't recommend it for anyone who has really bad acne. 

It's not the cheapest foundation for €13.99 but it is definitely affordable. I got it for €6 in Boots at the end of the sales because it was missing the top, but other than that, it was good as new. It's a liquid foundation which feels really light on your skin and doesn't really feel like your wearing makeup which is great. It also lasts a very long time, I wore it from the morning until night, while working out, walking in the wind and rain, etc, and it lasted all day. It says on the Bourjois website that it lasts 16 hours, I didn't count the exact number of hours I wore it for but it lasted me the whole day until I took it off at night so I was happy. 

The one thing about this foundation that I'm not really sure about is that sometimes I feel it looks slightly powdery. It seems to make powder cling to it and look a bit dry, so I prefer not to use powder with it which is okay because my skin is fairly dry anyway. When I first noticed this, I thought that I had put on too much powder (which I probably did) so I tried it the next day with only a little powder and then without any powder which I liked the best even though my skin still looked slightly, barely noticeably dry and powdery in certain areas, but at that point I was focusing on checking that every time I did my foundation and maybe wouldn't have even have noticed it if I hadn't over-powdered on the first day. This wouldn't be a problem for people with normal or oily skin though so powder away. I maybe wouldn't recommend it if you had super dry skin but my skin is quite dry and it looks a lot better than some other foundations do on it so I guess you never know how it will look on your own skin until you try it yourself.

Me wearing Bourjois Healthy Mix Radiance Reveal foundation. 
The Bourjois website says that this foundation " is enriched with a fruit therapy formula to enhance your complexion." It contains apricot for radiance, melon for hydration and apple to protect your youth. I don't know about you but I love hearing what does what in a product even if it actually turns out just to be some kind of marketing scheme. I like to know what a foundation is doing for your skin rather than just "you put this on your face and it looks nice". Sorry for that slightly off tangent ramble that doesn't really help you decide if you want this foundation or not but I just like to know the idea behind a product and why the makers thought it would be good to invent. 

I like the bottle for this foundation and it's design. It's a glass bottle and I like the red colour scheme throughout the bottle. The top of this bottle, which I don't have, is clear just in case you were wondering. The colour I have is Light Vanilla is very slightly too light for me because it was the only one left for €6 but that is easily fixed with some bronzer.

Overall, I really like this foundation and will continue to use it until it's gone. I'm not sure if i will repurchase it or not yet because I like the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation just as much if not a bit more and it is only €8.99. I also really want to try out some more expensive, higher quality foundations like Nars Sheer Glow or the Chanel Vitalumière so I might save up for one of those. 

I hope you liked this post, if you did give it a like on Bloglovin or a +1 on Google plus. If there is anything you would like to request me to do like a celeb makeup look or another product review, leave a comment down below letting me know what.

Follow on Bloglovin