Custom Navbar

Sunday 19 January 2014

Screen Actors Guild Awards 2014: My Best and Worst Dressed

Hello everyone, here is my second award season post. I've already done my best and worst dressed at the Golden Globes and now I'm doing my best and worst dressed at the Screen Actors Guild awards. There were a lot of gorgeous dresses but here are some of my favourites in no particular order:

Best Dressed

Lupita Nyong'o

Lupita looks absolutely stunning in this gorgeous teal/turquoise Gucci gown. This fit is really good and shows off her fantastic figure, and I love the detail around the neck. This dress is perfect. I also love how she always has really simple accessories so that everyone can focus on how gorgeous the dress is.

Anna Gunn
 Anna Gunn looked gorgeous in this sparkly Monique Lhuillier dress. I love the colour and it's really classy.

Jane Krakowski 
I really love the colour of this Roland Mouret dress. It's gorgeous. It's very slightly too long for her but she still looks great. I also really like the hair and makeup.

Jennifer Garner
I really love Jennifer Garners dress. I love everything about it; the fit, the colour, the belt.. I would definitely wear this dress. It's actually very similar to the dress I wore to my debs (prom) except for the belt.

Jennifer Lawrence
Okay back to the red carpet with Jennifer Lawrence in Dior. This is much better than the Dior she wore to the Golden Globes which you can see in my Golden Globes post. This is just a much nicer dress. It's not my favourite of the night but I do like it.

Julie Bowen
This is the second time Julie Bowen has made it on my best dressed list this awards season. I don't know if I prefer this dress over the one she wore to the Golden Globes but I definitely like it. I love the shape and the top of it but I would have preferred if the skirt part of the dress was completely white. She looked amazing and I can't wait to see what she wears to the next event.

 Katrina Bowden
I love this dress. I love the metallic and the black together. It's really edgy. It didn't photograph that well but when I saw her on live from the red carpet I thought it was absolutely stunning. I would have preferred to see this dress with an updo though just to show off more of the lovely detail around the neck.

Elisabeth Moss

There is no question about it, this dress is absolutely gorgeous. I love it! The dress on it's own looks amazing but I don't like the gold bracelet she is wearing and I really don't like the hair with it. Her hair looks better than it did at the Golden Globes, but I don't know if it's the colour or the cut, but the hair is just putting me off a bit. The dress is perfect though. 


..and now for the worst dressed, who there wasn't that many of. 


 Worst Dressed 
Rita Moreno 
I don't really know what to say about this. It just looks a little crazy. Maybe it would have worked without the jacket and the spikey hair.

Kerry Washington
Kerry was one of my best dressed for the Golden Globes but I just didn't like this on her at all. I just don't understand what possessed a pregnant woman to wear a crop top with a high waisted leather full length skirt to an awards ceremony. None of it makes sense to me. Most people work out for weeks so that they can wear a crop top but she thought to do it while pregnant, and even if she wasn't pregnant, I don't think this outfit really suited the occasion compared to all the amazing dresses we have already seen.


I hope you liked this post. If you did, make sure that you are following me because I am going to do a couple more of them for some of the other awards shows and then you will know when the are up. Also, make sure to leave a comment below telling me who was your favourite of the night.
Follow on Bloglovin

*I don't own any of the pictures used in the above blog post .