Custom Navbar

Thursday 11 July 2013

Don't Give Up!


Image template taken from Shabby Blogs.

Hey guys! Today's post is about not giving up on something you that you want to achieve. I myself, always set out to do something and then, when I find that I am completely rubbish at it, lose all faith in myself and just quit. I've found this with a bazillion things such as juggling, solving the Rubik's Cube, learning dance routines,wanting to run a marathon, being able to fix cars, etc. You name it I've probably attempted to master it. But there is something that I have learned. First of all, how much does this particular thing mean to me? I know I probably won't end up crying on my deathbed because I didn't learn to juggle, but if I didn't achieve any big life goals in my life I think that I would regret it. 

The main reason I think that I (and probably a lot of people) give up things is that it has to be perfect. I am a bit of a perfectionist and if something I do isn't as good as I think it should be it makes me feel like crap, but what I keep forgetting is that it takes time for you to become good at something and just because you are not where you wanna be with it right now doesn't mean that with a little time and practice that you might end up being as good as you want to be. PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT! And I think that this quote by Thomas A. Edison really applies here. If there is something that you want to do and you try it and suck really bad, maybe give it a week to get rid of all the bad memories of the last time you tried it, and just try again. Always say "I'll just give it one more try" and you will see that you might even get a little better after another try and eventually, over time, succeed.