Custom Navbar

Sunday 21 July 2013

Celeb Inspired Look #2 Ellie Goulding (Burn Music Video) - Requested




Hey Guys! Today's post was requested by Hellen who sent me a really lovely email. She wanted me to do a tutorial for Ellie Goulding in her music video Burn so here it is. It is a pretty simple, natural look that was easy to create and doesn't use that many products.

Products used to achieve this look:


Face

Benefit's The Porefessional (to prime face)
Rimmel's Wake Me Up foundation (in True Ivory)
Rimmel's Wake Me Up concealer (in Soft Beige)
Bourjois' Délice de Soleil Bronzing Powder (14 Olive/Tanned Skin)(to bronze neck and blend makeup into it)
Rimmel's Stay Matte Powder (in Translucent) (all over face to set foundation)
It didn't look like Ellie was wearing any blush in the video so I didn't use any.


Eyes

Urban Decay's Primer Potion (Original) (to prime eyes)
Mac's All That Glitters (used all over the lid and then I concentrated it in the crease to build up colour and define my eyes more. I also took it under the eye just under my lash line.)
I used no eyeliner though I think Ellie had a thin line of black eyeliner on her top lash line just over her fake lashes to make them look more natural on her eyes by covering over the strip.
Curl Eyelashes 
Benefit's They're Real mascara (applied to lashes in a zigzag motion to avoid any clumps)
I think Ellie was wearing fake lashes in the video so you could add them if you wanted.


Lips

Soap and Glory lipstick (in The Missing Pink)


Hope you liked this post, especially you Hellen :) If anybody wants to request another celeb inspired look please leave a comment below and I will try to do a post of it :) Click here to watch the music video for Burn or click here to see my other celeb inspired makeup tutorial of Selena Gomez.






*I wasn't able to get a good picture of the makeup with me looking straight at the camera because I have quite hooded eyelids and you couldn't see any of the eye makeup so I had to be looking down in the picture.