Custom Navbar

Thursday 5 December 2013

FOTD Using Her Name Was Glowla Benefit Set + Review

Hey guys, today I just wanted to show you a gorgeous natural everyday makeup look that I've been wearing a lot recently. This look was created with Benefit's Her Name Was Glowla and a couple of other products. The main thing I like about this look is the eye makeup; the eye shadows in the set are shimmery and absolutely gorgeous. I like that the are not too shimmery like some other eye shadows so they still look fairly natural but are also really pretty at the same time. In the how to part of this post I will put all the makeup from the Benefit set that was used in blue writing so you can easily see what you need extra. I used everything from the set except for the Moon Beam highlight because I used High Beam instead but I tend to use whichever one I feel like at the time. Also, I kept this look really natural but you could make it darker by applying more of the brown eye shadow and not blending in out as much as me. So here is what I did to achieve this look:


Face

Benefit's The Porefessional (to prime face)

Rimmel's Wake Me Up foundation (in True Ivory)
Rimmel's Wake Me Up concealer (in Soft Beige)
Kiko Soft Light Powder (02) (to set foundation)
Bourjois' Délice de Soleil Bronzing Powder (14 Olive/Tanned Skin)(to bronze face)
Benefit High Beam (to highlight just above the cheekbones)
Benefit Coralista (on apples of the cheeks)


Eyes

Urban Decay's Primer Potion (Original) (to prime eyes)


Eye Shadow from Benefit Set:

Basically, go from the lightest to the darkest from the inside of your eyelid to your outer corner but keep reading if you want to be more specific.
Passion Pearl (whitish colour) (under the brow bone and in the inner corner as a highlight)
Peachy Sheen (light peachy/satin colour) (all over the lid)
Terracotta Satin (darker peachy colour) (use from the middle of the eyelid until the outer corner)
Steamy Copper (lightish brown colour) (on the outer half of the eyelid)
Deep Bronze (dark brown colour) (in the outer corner)

Blend out eye shadow with a fluffy blending brush 

17 Eyeliner Black (to line the waterline + tightline)

Essence Gel Liner (01 Midnight in Paris) (to line the upper lashline; winging it out slightly)

Curl Eyelashes 

Benefit's Bad Gal Lash Mascara (applied to lashes in a zigzag motion to avoid any clumps)



Lips
Mac Shy Girl Lipstick (but you can use any natural pink or peachy colour)

Benefit Life On The A List Lip Gloss

I really love this Benefit set and all of the products in it. It retails at around €30 which is fairly good consider how many high quality products you get in it. If you want the get this set, you can buy it here on ebay.
I hope you liked this post. Please let me know if you like these type of posts or I you think that I should do them a different way or not by leaving a comment below. I would appreciate the feedback :)




Follow on Bloglovin