Custom Navbar

Monday 3 April 2017

Lush Cosmetics Butterball Bath Bomb Review

I've never been a bath person before. Until recently, I hadn't taken a bath since I was a child but now I love them. I don't even know how it started, just one day instead of having a shower, I had a bath, and that's when the obsession with bath bombs started. I started off with some that I found half price in my local pharmacy and then I moved on to some of the more expensive ones. So when I visited a Lush store in Cork over a month ago, I was dying to try one of their famous bath bombs for the first time and see what they were like. 
lush cosmetics butterball bath bomb review
The bath bomb that caught my eye, well nose, was one called a Butterball. It was love at first smell. I didn't know any of the ingredients at the time, I just knew it smelt amazing, but it turns out that it was mainly a vanilla musky sort of scent, which is one of my absolute favourite scents on earth. That was pretty much what sold it. I didn't even read the little card in front of the pile of Butterballs otherwise, I would have found out that it also contains cocoa butter which melts in the bath and nourishes your skin, a major plus. Also, in case you didn't know, all Lush products are handmade and completely cruelty-free.

So how well did the bath bomb work? It was a pretty big bath bomb so I expected a lot from it. I had even read a review online where someone has said to only use half of it at a time otherwise your bath would become too slippy from the cocoa butter. I decided to go against her advice and use it all in one go. When I dropped the bath bomb in the bath, it foamed up pretty good and I could see the little pieces of cocoa butter coming out of it and floating on top of the water. The water didn't really change colour or anything which I am always hoping for when I use a bath bomb. As for the whole thing about only using half the butterball, I actually felt like I could have used more in my bath than the entire bath bomb. I didn't notice a very strong scent off the water or my skin afterwards which I would have liked because it was such a lovely scent. 

On the plus side, as soon as I got in the bath, I could immediately feel the nourishing effects of the cocoa butter. Afterwards, my legs felt really soft as if I had applied a moisturiser which is so handy if you are in a rush and don't have time to apply any, or just feeling lazy. I like that this bath bomb is different to the typical bath bomb in that it has nourishing properties too. I feel like this is more of a grown-up's bath bomb, in that if you are looking for your bath to change colour and have lots of glitter, this isn't for you, but if you want a moisturising bath bomb with a light scent of vanilla musk, this is perfect. 

Overall, I do like this bath bomb. I was a tiny bit disappointed because this was my first Lush bath bomb and I wanted it to have a bit more of an effect on my bath. Having said that, for what it is, I would buy it again and I absolutely love that it has the little chunks of cocoa butter in it. I don't normally give a star rating on this blog but for this bath bomb, I'd have to give it a 3/5 stars. It's really nice but I was expecting a tiny bit more from it. Here's a link to the Lush Cosmetics website in case you want to get this product or just find out more about the ingredients. Have you ever tried a Lush product before? I'd love to hear about it in the comment section below. Also, If you liked this post, please give it a love on Bloglovin or a +1 on Google Plus. I hope you are having a great day and I'll talk to you soon. 

Follow