Custom Navbar

Friday 20 January 2017

A Little Progress | New Year's Resolutions Update

a-little-progress-each-day-adds-up-to-big-results
Source
Now that we are nearing the end of January, I think I should reflect a bit on my new year's resolutions. Here's my blog post of what my new year's resolutions are this year in case you missed it. Looking back on that post, I think some of my goals have shifted already. My main goal at the moment, which wasn't really a new year's resolution, is to lose the 6 pounds that I gained over Christmas. This has been my main focus for the past week and will continue to be my focus over the next 3 or four weeks. There is a TV show called Operation Transformation that is on at the minute where a number of people try to lose weight over six weeks by eating differently and exercising more. I thought that it would be a helpful motivational boost for me to follow the show so I'm cutting out all the bad food and to sticking to a 1500 calorie diet until it ends in a few weeks. I'm also exercising at least 30 minutes a day. I'm doing quite well at the minute and haven't had any mad binges which actually was one of my new year's resolutions (to not go on any mad binges and to have a healthier relationship with food).

I've found that I'm struggling with some of my other resolutions because a lot of my focus and energy is going to losing weight and getting in shape. Productivity wise, I've been struggling since I started the diet. My blog posts have gotten a little less regular in the last week and I find that I keep putting off editing a new video to go on my channel. Hopefully, I can sort this out and find a way to stay on schedule and continue my diet. This would probably be much easier if I could somehow manage to achieve one of my other resolutions; getting up early. 

I can honestly say, flat out, that I haven't once gotten up at 7 and stayed up since the new year started. A few times, I managed to get up at 7 but ended up falling asleep again an hour or two later. If I could manage to change this then I know the productivity thing would stop being a problem. I think I need to change my mindset about it. Sometimes I feel like it's all or nothing, that I need to be working on stuff all day, non-stop, or else I get nothing done. I need to be thinking more along the lines of a little progress each day, is better that working all day one day and not doing anything the next. If I could just get into the habit of doing a couple of hours each day while getting enough breaks throughout and having time to myself in the evenings then I feel like my life would be much more balanced. 

What do you think? How do you balance time for fun and time for being productive in your day-to-day life? Also, do you have any tips for getting up early? Let me know in the comments section below. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did, the please make sure to give it a love on Bloglovin or a +1 on Google Plus. Have a great day and I'll talk to you soon.






Follow