Custom Navbar

Friday 23 May 2014

Can Women Fix Cars?

Hey guys, so the other day, I realised that I my car had a puncture. Luckily I was about a minute from home when I noticed, so I didn't get stranded anywhere. My parents were on holiday at the time so I waited for them to get home the next day before I tried to fix it. Now I know a bit about cars, not a lot, but I do know how to change a tyre, well at least in theory. My dad helped me change the tyre and I honestly don't think I could have done it on my own.  I would love to be a person who can fix their car on their own but there are some things that just require brute strength to do. I realised that I did not have this brute strength when I was jumping up and down on a wheel brace, using my full weight to try to loosen the lug nuts with absolutely no result. This was what it took for my dad to loosen them and he weighs quite a bit more than me. I felt so weak and was really disappointed that I couldn't do it by myself. It can be quite a difficult challenge for women to do especially if the lug nuts are especially tight, and if you are particularly weak like me. I definitely think that certain women can fix cars and change tyres just as good as men, but these women aren't as weak as me. I'm going to have to work on getting stronger for the next time that I get a puncture, so that I can do it myself in the middle of nowhere if I have to. What do you think? Do you think that you could change a tyre by yourself? Have you done it before? Do you have any tips on how to do it if you aren't particularly strong?
Leave a comment below. I'd love to hear what you think.



Follow on Bloglovin
*Image taken from Pinterest